Stove exhaust vent leaking cold air into house

I have a cooktop exhaust vent that is routed to the outside of the house. On the outside of the house there is a vent with a flat on it. Unfortunately the flat on the vent never closes - letting cold air in throughout the winter months.

Where do I find a replacement vent( I didn't see it at the home deopt)? Is this a job for a hvac guy?

TIA

Reply to
dk

thats also why fart fans are such a bad idea

Mark

Reply to
makolber

There are better vent caps that stay closed with exhaust is off.

Reply to
Frank

My Home Depot has several shapes and sizes, right by the bath fans. Most have spring loaded dampers built in.

If you don't feel confident doing this, an HVAC guy or skilled handyman should be able to do it for you.

JK

Reply to
Big_Jake

An HVAC guy will use a bit of toilet paper to gauge the extent of the problem, then you'll know what you're dealing with.

Reply to
HeyBub

FWIW, our Broan range vent has flappers on the onside over the stove and on the outside wall outlet. The outside flap assembly was in stock at Lowes where we bought it. A little hard for the clerk to find, until we gave him the part number from the installation instructions.

Joe

Reply to
Joe