Storm window??

I have a sun garden window that sticks out beyond our house. It is above our kitchen sink.
On cold days it is so cold there.
Is there any thing I can buy that I can cover the outside of the window for the winter???
shirleyann
On Nov 26, 6:35am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Shirley ann) wrote:

Unless you can build something that seals out the weather all the way around the window, covering the outside may not help much.
You want to create a sealed, dead air space between the cold area and the heated area.
You might want to consider either a custom storm window insert from some place like this:
http://www.windowinserts.com /
(You could make your own)
or something like one of the products found here:
http://www.google.com/products?q=window+insulation&hl=en&show=dd
On Nov 26, 3:35am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Shirley ann) wrote:

Is the "garden" in the window still active in the winter?
I'm not sure I understood DD's comment.......... but something to seal off the space from the inside would be more effective than a cover.
Or you could rebuild (or have rebuilt) the window system using double pane panels.
cheers Bob
On Nov 26, 5:35am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Shirley ann) wrote:

Cheapest (and ugliest) solution is to simply duct tape a double layer of plastic film on the outside and one on the inside if you can, while you make plans to have some structural improvements made next summer. Obviously, a better design will pay for itself in a couple of years or so. Good luck.
Joe