Stone Work

Here's a link to pictures of the stone work behind our wood stove which is visible in the lower left corner of one pic .

Finished the wall last night , I just need to scrub the mortar haze off the edges of the rocks . My wife likes the wall , the floor not so much .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Apparently, you like stone :)

But I am confused...

You mention a stove in a lower left corner but Isee none. I DO see what appears to be an insert fire place at some distance up on the left wall; if that is the stove to which you refer, why did you run the stone to the ceiling on the wall perpendicular to it?

Reply to
dadiOH

Looks good. It is best to get that excess mortar off as fast as you can. The longer it cures, the harder it is to get off.

We have done a lot of stone work here including a 1000 sq/ft patio and a stone fireplace/entertainment center

Reply to
gfretwell

I think the stove goes in that stone work corner. It just hasn't been set yet. You need a non combustible surround for a stove.

Reply to
gfretwell

Hi, I just wonder if the wall have any functional purpose? Is it in the basement or main floor?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

This is the main floor of the first room of our house in the woods . That stone work is behind and on the left side of the wood burner stove that's visible in the lower left corner of 2 of the photos . It does double duty as a nonflam,mable surfac and as a thermal storage mass .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

That hole in the wall is a window unit air conditioner unit . The stove is the dark brown object in the lower left corner of 2 of those photos . You can see the triple wall flue box on the ceiling ...

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Got it, thanks.

Reply to