stipping solid core door for stain ?

I have a double 6ft wide entrance door that is solid core and painted off white....I want to stripe it down taking all the paint off and then stain with a good wood stain and then seal it.
What is the best way to get the old paint off while "protecting" the wood finish underneath ? at best...it has two coats of paint...but perhaps only one
Thanks, Tim
Replacement would be best way. Once wood is sealed it doesn't accept stain in the usual manner. There are gel stains that lay on the surface rather than get into the wood that MIGHT work for you. Help all of us learn by posting type of wood and what you've attempted and results.