stiffening a structure

I have a 20' x 12' deck, attached to the house with a 20' ledger board. The opposite (long) side is up on four 3' posts. Needless to say, if I push along the 20' axis, there is significant movement back and forth.
I can run diagonal bracing from the bottom of the posts up to the inside of the ring, along the outer 20' dimension. What other approaches can I use to stiffen up the structure?
I plan to use lattice along the bottom front, fashioned in some manner to let it swing outward - in order to allow access underneath the deck for storage. So the diagonal bracing isn't the best solution for me.
What is Swaying, The posts or deck joints. Reinforce the weak link. your deck should not sway. Remember the deck collapes in CHICAGO ? Your Deck support must be solid, or it may fail under weight. I think your supports and construction are a stupid joke, fix them , before you kill people.....call a pro,. or better yet , the city inspector... Someone Was a REAL HACK, If it was You get Pro Advise and follow it, Either way you screwed up, by cheaping out
snipped-for-privacy@noone.com says...

will stiffen the deck very well.
Rick
Phisherman wrote:

The reason I suggested a pair of 16 footers was that I solved for the hypotenuse and thought the OP might have trouble finding a 24 footer and getting it home by himself. A pair of 2 byes in a vee shape should handle his problem quite well.
Jeff
--
Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

"If you can smile when things are going wrong, you've thought of someone to