Stepping off a ladder onto the roof

Was "someone" the beneficiary? :-)

I'm worth more dead than alive (BG)
.....(you read my correction)..
-- Oren

Agree, but also can't help thinking that whatever weight I am putting on it is towards the roof and above the fulcrum of the ladder on the roof edge. The result is more kickout force at the foot :-)

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking at the time I tried it. I felt like a little scaredy cat standing on that ladder wondering how painful it would be to jump down to the ground if the ladder fell while stepping on to the roof.

www.ladders.com
The Little Giant is the best ladder for people who are that worried about climbing but still want to do things themselves. I bought model 26 but kind of wish I bought model 22. This thing feels really stable. I would recommend purchasing the leg leveleler to go with it. It also comes with a ladder stabalizer if you want to get it.
On 8 Nov 2006 12:17:42 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Smaller people maybe.
On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 12:28:13 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yo.house wrote:

I should add that the Little Giant is FAR more versatile. I like that aspect. Jaws ladders are useless indoors. Big, heavy and limited.
On Sun, 5 Nov 2006 16:14:20 -0800, "Eigenvector"

they get to the top.

Part time Vegas show girls.. they steady the ladder... -- Oren

Don't step on the ladder above the roof. Step on the first step down. Having the ladder several feet above the roof means your hands can hold it and stabilize it as you step.
Bob
Bob F wrote:

Or it can mean you push against it and kick the bottom out and you fall to the ground as you step down.

That would be a pretty silly thing to do.
Bob
Bob F wrote:

things. What can happen is that the person looses their balance as they are stepping down and they grabs the ladder. If the ladder is low, maybe 1 foot above the roof line, that is less likely to happen because the person will already be squatted down against the roof.
'Course the safest solution is to have a person on the ground steady the ladder and stand so that the ladder feet can't kick out.
Al Bundy wrote:

That's the point of the ladder stabilizer. It moves the uppermost contact point inwards. It also keeps the ladder off of the gutter, is useful for other ladder applications, weighs very little, and keeps people from putting nails in their roofs.
http://www.snapmediaworks.com/2504023/main/Content/ImageLib/hmpg1.jpg
wrote in

you said about "ladder stabilizer" Now that I've seen it I totally understand how that would help.
Eigenvector wrote:

You're welcome.
On Sun, 5 Nov 2006 18:39:04 -0800, "Eigenvector"

I could have explained it too, but I didn't think to.
What did you think a ladder stabilizer was? I'm curious.
Anything to do with gyroscopes?

wrote in

No, I presumed he was talking about those feet extenders that you put on ladders to make the base more stable on uneven terrain.

I solved my whole roof/ladder problem when I found an inside corner where I could put the ladder and them climb up and get off *sideways*.

My favorite choice also.
Bob