Step on floor, wall sqeaks. WTF?

Anybody ever run into something like this?
I've got a chunk of floor in my house where if I step on the floor, a certain section of my wall (seemingly about 4' off the floor) squeaks. Floor doesn't squeak, just the wall. Only thing I can think of is that the floor is moving and somehow rubbing against the wall studs. Don't know how that can be, 'tho -- the wall plate should be on top of the subfloor, and lots of wall studs are connected to the plate, so why would only one particular wall stud be squeaking?
I suppose I could just pull back the carpet, sink a few dozen deck screws into the floor joist, and see if the problem goes away, but that just strikes me as shotgunning the problem.
Any other ideas before I shotgun the problem?

Perhaps a body is buried in the wall and is squeaking for attention.

lime pit.
When they built your house, a mouse was trapped in the wall and it's tail was nailed to the floor by the carpet guys.

dog by now. Maybe I'll load up the nailer with some framing nails. Silver plated, perhaps.

Termites.
Andy Hill wrote:

Subfloor you stand on moves on the nails holding the plate, or pushes the plate up and down a bit?

What's underneath the floor?

see if they would help at all. Nope. If anything, it made it worse. Hmmmm....
Working off of Norminn's hint, I then assumed that the subfloor was somehow moving relative to the wall plate, and the squeak was from a loose nail rubbing. So I went down in the crawlspace to rap with the black widows for a bit, and while there sunk a couple of deck screws up through the subfloor into the wall plate. And wattayaknow...problem solved, at least for now.
Thanks, all!