Steel Prices

How much are you paying for mild steel these days? I've been paying $1.10 a pound for square tubing over the last month or so. It was $0.65 earlier this year, in May or thereabouts.
What are you paying?
Jon
Add pictures here
✖
On Oct 26, 7:17 pm, "Jon Danniken"

Square tube (in my experience) has always sold at a substantial premium to hot rolled steel.
In SoCal we pay about 50¢ a pound for hot rolled shapes.
cheers Bob
Add pictures here
✖
DD_BobK wrote:

Well, I called on a price for hot rolled stip, and it's at $0.90 a pound. A little less than the tubing, but still quite a bit more than you are paying.
I'm going to have to find out what's up with this.
Jon
Add pictures here
✖
On 10/26/2010 10:17 PM, Jon Danniken wrote:

Know nothing but heard TV economist say commodities are going up due to devalued dollar. This is why gas prices going up even while we're not using more.
Add pictures here
✖