'steam' smell in shower room

"Adam Russell" wrote

Could it be that the guest bathroom shower is not used as often? In other words, is it only used when you have guests? I had the same problem in my last house. Not sure if it's because the inside of the pipes (and the water sitting in them) gets "stale" without regular waterflow or not, but that's they only thing I could come up with. Either that or you have smelly guests.....

;-]

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Whenever someone uses the guest bathroom shower the room smells like a lockerroom after. I can turn on the overhead fan and it goes away eventually. The other two showers dont do this whether we use the fan or not. We have cleaned the tiles and tried drano in the drain but it still does it every time. Any ideas?

Reply to
Adam Russell

Try running the water once a week to be sure the traps dont dry out , gas could come up the sink or tub while using the shower if the trap dries, separate tub? Dry traps or stale water in pipes, mine smell like rust sometimes.

Reply to
m Ransley

Check for leaks, both water supply and drain.

Reply to
Phisherman

Hello

Having come across this type of thing many times, you may consider calling a professional drain cleaning or plumbing company that offers smoke testing. They'll fill the system with smoke....any leaks....and the smoke will make invisible leak(s) visible. No smoke? No problem with the drain system.

Good Luck

Reply to
Aaron