stale gasoline

Page 2 of 2
HRL writes:

All right then, use charcoal instead of kitty litter, and stick a hot dog on a coat hanger nearby.
What a place, the fire department concerned about a coffee can.
Fires and fire hazards have dropped significantly in the last few decades, yet we have more firemen than ever. They have nothing better to do than snoop around for coffee cans?
*CBHVAC* writes:

Scoffing is the mark of fools.
On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 10:34:00 -0500, Richard J Kinch

Yes, and Richard Kinch is the King of all scoffers. If the entire world says "up", Richard reflexively says "down". He also insists that drinking 8 glasses of WD40 each day is as healthful as drinking 8 glasses of water.
BB
Blank writes:

I don't recall saying that. When it comes to drinking solvents, water and ethanol are to be preferred.

Richtard, the only thing that exceeds your ignorance is your fragile, but gigantic ego. You have claimed repeatedly that water and WD40 are equally safe to drink. Please test this claim yourself as soon as possible. Don't worry about posting the results. We'll read all about it when you win the Darwin Awards.
BB
[anonymous coward] writes:

Leave the record of my claims to NNTP and Google. They get it right. No one cares about your commentary.
On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 12:31:01 -0500, Richard J Kinch

Richard Kinch, world class scoffer, claims that WD-40 is as safe to drink as water. He can't deny it, and he can't hide from it.
BB

This is Turtle.
Every Spring. i take all the fuel left over from last year and dump it in my 1 ton Chevy Cargo van 350 Ci.In. used for my HVAC/R business and fill the gas cans back up. Sometimes i will do it at the end of the summer. It has a 33 gal. tank and i have it just a little low on fuel when i dump it in there. that thing likes anykind of fuel and I think it like old lawn mower gas also.
TURTLE
TURTLE wrote:

Just don't try it with dirty paint thinner. Don't ask me how I know this...
Best regards, Bob

just a

This is Turtle.
No I won't ask because my brother in law has already done it with a gal. of Gas that he washed some paint brushes down with.
TURTLE

with a gal. of Gas that he washed some paint brushes down with.
I just let paint thinner settle for a couple months, then decant it into another container for re-use. If I have enough used thinner, I just use fresh for the final rinse when cleaning brushes.
Bob
B wrote:

put it in the car. you probably have about 10-20 gallons of gas in there already and when mixed into the other gas there is no problem... matter of fact all the instructions for getting rid of gas tell you to do that... if you still dont want to then just pour it on the lawn where you have ant hills and then the ant will disapper..

This is Turtle.
You forgot to put the 5 gal bucket over the hill after the gas to make the vapors go down in the ground to kill all of them.
TURTLE
TURTLE wrote:

it will melt the plastic bucket after setting the gas on fire......

This is Turtle.
Try not lighting the gas and just put the bucket over the mound and gas them over nite. It will kill them all doing this. The vapors will go into the ground a gas them.
TURTLE
I usually pour it in the driveway cracks where plants are coming up, sort of a poor man's roundup.

Linsday Technical books has a pamphlet that will show you how to make a gasoline-powered stationary blowtorch...

This is Turtle.
You do know that when you kill off the grass with motor oil or gasoline it is fertilizing the ground for the new weeds or grass to help them grow better. Most all fertilizer is made from crude oil or used motor oil but they have to add some other stuff to make it real good stuff but gas or motor oil is a good fertilizer by it'self.
TURTLE