Staining a deck...

So my friends and I just finished putting down the last deck plank last night.
The deck looks great, but the damn lumber yard has spray paining all over several of the boards.
Should I sand this off before I begin staining the deck, or will it wash off with a power washer?
Second, how long should you REALLY wait before staining? I have heard answers from 12 months, to 6-8 weeks.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

wait and hope the overspray comes off or use some stripper now......
wait at least 6 months.
pressure washing can tear up the wood, use deck britener and stiff brush.

It's not actually over spray. It's the spray painted writing that the lumber yard sprays on a stack of wood. I was thinking about trying to hit it with some sand paper, but I wasn't sure if it would be hidden by the stain or not.
So does the 6 month wait apply to sealing as well?
I can see why you would not want to paint just one side of a piece of wood with an oil base product until is was a dry as possible. The unpainted side would dry more than the painted side and possibly warp. However is this a problem with a water based stain?
wrote:

It's not actually over spray. It's the spray painted writing that the lumber yard sprays on a stack of wood. I was thinking about trying to hit it with some sand paper, but I wasn't sure if it would be hidden by the stain or not.
So does the 6 month wait apply to sealing as well?

yeah wait the 6 months so they treated wood stabilizes and the treatment washes off the surface
a friend didnt wait and absorbtion was spotty, later he tried staining and it never looked right

Of course. It is better to apply (any) finish to all sides to prevent warp, wane, twist, splits and all the other typical wood movements. This is not such a big deal on a deck because imperfections are expected, unlike furniture. If you can give the end grain an extra coat, all the better.

Buy a moisture meter then you will know if its 1 week or 6 months, guessing will lead to failure.