StaBil for gasoline

Page 2 of 2
On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 09:19:28 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net"

It's not my "accepted practice." Do what you want to improve the economy.

Who would store gasoline in the basement? That's pure dopey. It's in the detached garage where temp is often +90.

Just gave my experience. Don't get all upset about the voodoo comment. What's voodoo to me is perfectly natural to voodoo practitioners.

Experience is never wrong, just factual. You're crazy if you think I'm going to start using Stabil when I don't have a problem with "old" gas. Most likely you THINK it works for you because you read it does. Bet you have no proof. You just do it because "you're supposed to." Good boy. Sorry. Never used it, and never needed it. I've stated my experience. Mobil regular gas with whatever ethanol content they use here. Stored up to 2 years as stated, and used with no problems I can see. Call it all wrong, but it's just fact to me.
--Vic

More than fact just to you. Chevron states you can store up to 12 months with no additional treatment required.

http://www.chevron.com/products/prodserv/fuels/technical_safety_bulletins/longterm_gasoline.aspx

"Good quality gasoline should be stable almost indefinitely if stored properly. Such storage should be in an airtight container, to prevent oxidation or water vapors mixing, and at a stable cool temperature, to reduce the chance of the container leaking. When gasoline is not stored correctly, gums and solids may accumulate resulting in "stale fuel". " http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gasoline#Stability
In typed:

Still works fine for my stuff.