StaBil for gasoline

I used the term "spill proof" to mean the cap wasn't ventilated, and that might be the wrong term. Just meant if they fall over in the trunk and the vent doesn't get popped open nothing will spill. My 5-gal can has no vent to pop, but the nozzle is vented. Goes blurp, blurp, but never stops flowing. My smaller cans have vents that pop open. The 2-gal (maybe it's 2 1/2) is easiest to use. It has an upper cap you screw off, and a flexible nozzle with stops on both ends. Just pull the nozzle up, pop the vent and pour. The 5-gal and 1-gal have stiff nozzles in the jug that have to be reversed, and a cap plug that has to be set aside when using them. Messy compared to the pull up nozzle. I nearly always spill a little gas. Just have to top off. Can't resist. I didn't pay any attention when I bought them 8 years ago. This might be a real "no spill."

pricey for a small gas jug that still spills gas. Well, I see what you mean now that I've looked around Looks like new cans are "CARB-compliant" or something. How come everybody's complaining about light bulbs? This is the real BS here. Glad I bought my jugs when I did and hope they outlast me.

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

Pretty pricey for a small gas jug that still spills gas.

I'm glad the people who designed our new and improved safety gas cans weren't the ones to design our new and improved water saving toilets. Imagine a toilet as difficult to use as one of those gas cans. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to go now.

Rev. Daisy Mae Johnson Whose God is more vicious? Take the bible quiz:

Disclaimer: I am not the real Daisy Mae Johnson nor am I affiliated with the Landover Baptist ministries. I'm just a follower spreading the good word.

Reply to
Rev Daisy Mae Johnson

"Good quality gasoline should be stable almost indefinitely if stored properly. Such storage should be in an airtight container, to prevent oxidation or water vapors mixing, and at a stable cool temperature, to reduce the chance of the container leaking. When gasoline is not stored correctly, gums and solids may accumulate resulting in "stale fuel". "

HeyBub

You mean the ones where you have to remove the spout from the can before you can dump it?

Reply to
krw