SS Sink Basket? Putty or Silicone?

How do you attach a basket to a SS kitchen sink? I have seen some sites that recommend silicone and others that use putty. What's best?
"How do you attach a basket to a SS kitchen sink? I have seen some sites that recommend silicone and others that use putty. What's best? "
If you're talking about installing a drain into a sink, the only correct material is plumber's putty. Roll it into a long rope, about 1/4 inch in diameter, then place it around the drain. As you tighten the nut from below, the putty will slowly squeeze out, filling the gap and firmly seating the drain.

The ONLY correct material? Oh brother. Why do you say that? There a quite a few plumbers who no longer use plumber's putty.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news:1132071522.148007.140100

So what are the plumbers using?
GoHabsGo wrote:

*Some* plumbers are now using exactly what the OP noted: Silicone sealant.

Can that be un-done for replacement?
Bob
Bob wrote: ....

Yes, very easily. I've had to it before. It shears off like rubbery boogers. :) It stays as flexible as the first week it was installed, unlike the other stuff.