Squirell Control

Squirrels seem cute prancing around the yard, until they find a way into your attic! Trouble... they will get into your wiring like they did to mine, and cause other problems!

I bought some RAT traps, baited them with peanut butter, (gob it on the trigger), and had three squirrels in an hour!

My 2 cents worth!

Reply to
Bumpy

If they get into your attic, it's your fault, or the fault of whoever didn't screen the vents properly.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Not sure where you live, but I've seen plenty of examples of squirrels gnawing their way into an attic through solid wood, so unless you have aluminum siding over everything, it's not a function of just screening vents.

Reply to
Pete C.

Don't forget:

Enough squirrel tags (careful, bag limit varies from state to state) Female-squirrel-in-heat lure

If he wants to do it the hard way, he can wait until next month when primitive weapons (e.g. blackpowder) can be used.

Reply to
Bill

Tulip Pattern) if you know what that means, bored a hole through the aluminun facia, crawled, through the overhang, and then took up residence! Be glad that you are on top of all things!

Reply to
Bumpy

Sorry. I've never seen squirrels do that. Are you sure they're from this planet?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

on 10/2/2007 6:57 PM malam said the following:

I have never seen a squirrel dig a hole in my yard. That doesn't mean that I doubt that yours are, but it's just curious. The f***in' mother rabbits that dig half softball sized holes in the grass and then squeeze 3 or 4 bunnies in it really piss me off. I mowed up two of them a couple of weeks ago, and relocated the last surviving one in the woods.

Reply to
willshak

on 10/3/2007 12:10 AM Bert Byfield said the following:

When I had my inground pool installed years ago, there was a lot of dirt around the area from backfilling and grading. A squirrel was making his pickups for the winter and was crossing the dirt area to get from the woods to the next yard. My cat was outside and saw this, so he hid behind the pool pump and waited for the squirrel to come by. As the squirrel approached, my cat crouched down, and with tail wagging, waited for the squirrel to get near. When the squirrel passed, the cat ran out and attacked the squirrel. There was a hell of a fight and it looked like a cartoon fight. A big swirling cloud of dust with paws and tails sticking out. Finally, the cat returned to the pool pump and the squirrel continued on his quest. Thereafter, the cat just watched the squirrel going back and forth .

Reply to
willshak

That happened to my mother the last time she mowed the lawn. She killed one, nearly had a breakdown, and then about 5 minutes after she started again, another popped up out of a different hole and was killed. That was 30 years ago, and she still hasn't gotten over it. Of course, when you don't have a garden and the holes are very small, you think bunnies are cute and feel awful when you shred them.

Reply to
<h>

Right now squirrels are harvesting nuts and burying them wherever they can. Around here they prefer my garden and mulched flower beds. They are also busy eating to build body fat before winter. I have Oaks and a Shaggy Bark Chestnut in my back yard. They like to sit above my shed and eat the Chestnuts letting the nut&#39;s covering to shower down on the roof of my shed. Come next spring and early summer I will be busy pulling new Oak trees from my flower beds growing from the acorns the squirrels buried this fall.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Okay, get a bobcat.

Reply to
HeyBub

Or a Falcon.

Reply to
Meat Plow

This is one of the only reasons why folk on the right hand side of The Pond should be allowed to have air pistols. Those grey vermin have all but destroyed the red squirrel here.

Reply to
clot

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in news:KnRMi.18122 $ snipped-for-privacy@news01.roc.ny:

planet?

They chewed a hole straight through our asphalt shingles to get into our attic.

Reply to
Old Fangled

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote

Say what? So, what&#39;s the penalty for not doing the vents properly? Taking the squirrels on a cruise so they will feel better about themselves?

What you said has to qualify as one of the ten most stupidest things I have read on Usenet.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote

I&#39;ve never actually seen the Statue of Liberty. Yet, I believe it exists. What is wrong with me?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Build a plywood box with a lid and one hole large enough for a piece of exaust pipe at end of box. Put trap in box, close the lid, start the car for a few minutes. Old piece of fence post for chain link fence from scrap yard connects box to car temporarly and box is also used to store trap when not in use.

Bait with peanut butter and bird seed, good for regular rats and bushy tailed tree rats.

Reply to
RLM

I already confessed my sin. What more do I need to do? :-)

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Gullible?

Reply to
HeyBub

The confession is for your benefit and our amusement. The cash donation removes the sin.

Reply to
Dan Espen