Squirell Control

Page 2 of 3
On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 18:57:33 -0400, malam wrote:

Air Rifle, Sheridan 5mm, 5 pumps.
ive been watching the grays quirrells in my yard .they dig holes to bury stuff and find stuff buried. they bury walnuts and forget where they are and a tree grows. they go in my garage and leave walnuts in there.once one got in the walls of the house and came out in the closet.that was fun. they can go about anywhere they want if theres an opening . unless you got a dog or cat that will chasem all day long only other thing to do is trap them and relocate or kill them. i see the holes being dug now, but fall is abot the only time it gets real noticeable .we got hundreds of em in the area.i like em..lucas
malam wrote:

You're in luck. Now, in most places, is SQUIRREL HUNTING SEASON and runs through, generally, February.
Killing, trapping, or bothering squirrels otherwise is against the law.
You'll need:
Hunting license Possibly a firearm familiarization class Day-glo clothing Suitable armament Squirrel call Decoys A squirrel blind Suitable weapon (some are not allowed, such as bow and arrow, trebuchets, etc.)
Good luck.

A squirrel call? He's already got plenty of them. :-)

Don't forget:
Enough squirrel tags (careful, bag limit varies from state to state) Female-squirrel-in-heat lure
If he wants to do it the hard way, he can wait until next month when primitive weapons (e.g. blackpowder) can be used.
Bill wrote:
<text gnawed>

Now *that* sounds like fun! How much black powder does it take to blow up the little bastards?
PB

Fox Urine. You can get it at a hunting supply store, and even sometimes at WalMart's hunting secting in sporting goods. It is in a spray bottle and smells terrible, but if it is sprayed around, the squirrels will think that they are prey and leave the area. Worked for me.
Squirrels seem cute prancing around the yard, until they find a way into your attic! Trouble... they will get into your wiring like they did to mine, and cause other problems!
I bought some RAT traps, baited them with peanut butter, (gob it on the trigger), and had three squirrels in an hour!
My 2 cents worth!

If they get into your attic, it's your fault, or the fault of whoever didn't screen the vents properly.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Not sure where you live, but I've seen plenty of examples of squirrels gnawing their way into an attic through solid wood, so unless you have aluminum siding over everything, it's not a function of just screening vents.

Tulip Pattern) if you know what that means, bored a hole through the aluminun facia, crawled, through the overhang, and then took up residence! Be glad that you are on top of all things!

Sorry. I've never seen squirrels do that. Are you sure they're from this planet?

planet?
They chewed a hole straight through our asphalt shingles to get into our attic.

I've never actually seen the Statue of Liberty. Yet, I believe it exists. What is wrong with me?
Steve
SteveB wrote:

Gullible?

plonk

Say what? So, what's the penalty for not doing the vents properly? Taking the squirrels on a cruise so they will feel better about themselves?
What you said has to qualify as one of the ten most stupidest things I have read on Usenet.
Steve
wrote

I already confessed my sin. What more do I need to do? :-)

The confession is for your benefit and our amusement. The cash donation removes the sin.
wrote

Still, it would be interesting to know what kinds of surroundings exist around the homes which suffer the most brazen squirrel intrusions. For example, we've all seen those obscene housing developments where every tree is removed for no particular reason, leaving no place for squirrels to nest. I wonder if houses in such places are more prone to squirrel nonsense.