Sprinkler zones

The problem is that there would only be about 15-20 micro sprays. They *could* use maybe 150-200 GPH but I have to choke them down (with little individual valves) to about half that to keep the well water and resultant rust off the house, walks, etc. To keep the pump on, I'd need to use 300+GPH (guestimate)
--

dadiOH
____________________________

What about drip?
jamesgangnc wrote:

What about it? I'd have to space them more closely which means more heads to get the same coverage as the micro sprays.
adiOH ____________________________

You put drip directly on each plant. Is this grass? Or garden?
jamesgangnc wrote:

Garden. Lots of plants, sand for soil, drip would have to be on/near each while sprays - even small ones - would cover many.
--

dadiOH

We use drip at our lake house on a well just because it uses a lot less water. But it does take a lot of drippers and time. We don't water the grass but I'd guess we have maybe a 150 drippers on garden plants. We have sandy soil too but you can run dripprs for a short period more often and it's like pouring a couple cups of water right in the middle of the plant. A lot less waste. But if you've got the well capacity to spray that is a way less work to install and to keep up.
On 2/8/2011 11:59 AM, RicodJour wrote:

Hey I have an idea, install a motor speed controller for the well pump! ;-)

Unlikely to work on his pump motor.
On 2/8/2011 12:41 PM, jamesgangnc wrote:

Actually I was joking. See the ;-) Besides, I'll bet there is a motor speed controller out there that would work just fine. It may be expensive but I'm sure they are out there. Hey, looky here! Google still works.
http://www.earthmovement.net/franklin/SubDrive/subdrive.htm