Sprinkler zones

What about drip?

Reply to
jamesgangnc

What about it? I'd have to space them more closely which means more heads to get the same coverage as the micro sprays.

adiOH ____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

I did read all of the OP's posts. You must have missed mine. "If you take heads off an existing zone, and add them to the new zone so it has enough heads, then bump up the nozzles to higher flow rates on the existing zone."

It's doubtful that the existing lines have all nozzles maxed out, and even if they are, he could swap out heads for higher flow heads. And that could open up other problems - like overspray where he doesn't want it, having to relocate heads, etc. It might not be worth the time and effort to him, but if it's important to him, it can be done.

RicodJour

You put drip directly on each plant. Is this grass? Or garden?

Reply to
jamesgangnc

Actually I was joking. See the ;-) Besides, I'll bet there is a motor speed controller out there that would work just fine. It may be expensive but I'm sure they are out there. Hey, looky here! Google still works.

Tony Miklos

So is that a "never mind"?

Reply to
Tony Miklos

Garden. Lots of plants, sand for soil, drip would have to be on/near each while sprays - even small ones - would cover many.

Reply to
dadiOH

We use drip at our lake house on a well just because it uses a lot less water. But it does take a lot of drippers and time. We don't water the grass but I'd guess we have maybe a 150 drippers on garden plants. We have sandy soil too but you can run dripprs for a short period more often and it's like pouring a couple cups of water right in the middle of the plant. A lot less waste. But if you've got the well capacity to spray that is a way less work to install and to keep up.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

Here's the tutorial on designing a system with a well:

RicodJour