Sprinkler station - can't turn off

I've got a sprinkler station that I disassembled and re-assembled the valve and now I cannot turn it off either manually or electrically, only by turning off the shut-off valve. Is it possible I've lost a small part in putting it back together, or do I just need to replace the valve
Brad
Hi brad,
what kind of sprinkler system?....what kind/type/make of electricial valve system?...what type and kind of valves in question?....is it a gate valve?...ball valve? Butterfly valve? Please provide more information....Jim

Lawn Genie electric 1" valves, 2 front stations, one manual gate valve to turn entire water supply off. One of my rear valves froze and I had to replace the valve (same as front) and I took front valve apart to see if I had any missing pieces to find in back. The front valve blew up with water pressure when I unscrewed the top, I thought I found all the pieces, but... I think I will have to replace the entire valve also, but...
Brad