Sprinkler problem with threaded PVC pipe

Hello all, Just found this group and thought I would ask this question here.
I have a little problem. My water sprinkler head needs replacing and it would be a pretty simple matter IF the darn thing didn't snap off RIGHT at the thread point IN the pipe! Any ideas how to remove the 1/2 inch plastic thread end from a larger PVC pipe?.. I need to unscrew it but there is NOTHING to grab onto. The break is FLUSH with the 2nd pipe. :(
I hate to have to cut and replace the whole section.. there must be some trick I could use.
Thanks for any suggestions..
You have to wedge something INTO the pipe hole. There are things called "EZ-outs" for removing broken screws. I think there are big ones. They have a left-hand thread.

While you are buying the head, look in the same section for a tool to remove these pipes. T- shaped...red handle thingy...
In a pinch I have used a knife blade, gently force into the thread and rotated out. Not much pressure is really needed.
Oren

Thanks very much for the help.

Picture of the tool.
http://www.starnursery.com/show_details.php?root=4&sub1G&product 53&PHPSESSIDPc1fcea1892803f79d2110176afeb39
Oren
Go to a hardware store and ask for an internal pipe wrench that will fit 1/2" pipe. They're not very expensive. They have a serrated cam portion that you stick in the pipe, and when you apply torque, it'll grab the internal surface.
Pluvious wrote:

Pluvious wrote:

Oren gave you the right answer, and he's also right that you can use a knife, a very stiff-bladed knife with an edge on both sides works best.
But the tool he refers to is the safest.