Why I will never buy a Kitchen Aid product again......

I bought a Kitchen Aid electric range (Superba model) in 2001 and since then it always gave me problems, the service man came to fix it while on warranty (the dual element was too hot, even at low temp, service man told my wife it was normal for ceran cook top and she should cook her spaghetti sauce in the oven instead !!!!!!!! ) Now the indicator light stays on all the time even if control is OFF. Called them to let them know this could be security exposure, they want tho send another service man and I should pay 69.95$ (CAN) for the first 20 minutes and then $ 10 for each addtional minutes after. This is like GM, I will never buy GM again.......bought imports since I had problems with my 2 GM. No more problems with my good quality home appliances from Bosch and vehicules from Honda........... Way to go American companies, you have no respect for your customers, that is why you are in trouble now...... God bless you, you will vanishe for the good of the customers......

Reply to
trousky

Out of warranty? Something is broken and you want it fixed free? No matter what brand you buy, things will break and you pay to have them fixed.

I think you are on to somelthing. If Honda is a perfect car, as you say, they have no need for service bays anre repair shops. Only oil changes. Sounds like a good deal to me. I'm in the market for a new car soon so I'll check them out. Wow, a car that never breaks.

FWIW, my local Kitchen Aid (and other brands) dealer no longer carries Bosch. Too many service calls.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Does it have a warranty over 5 years? If so, you have a case, contact your local attorney. On the other hand if your warranty is up, well then it's up. The way it works is you pay after the warranty is up. They pay during the warranty. So which is it?

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Edwin Pawlowski a =E9crit :

When I buy something brand new, I am entitle to have something that works correctly.... This did not happened with the Kitchen Aid range (I mean, this is not rocket science to make a range work correctly when you build it....) and about cars, I did not have to go back to the garage the second day I had them, with either my Honda Pilot or Mazda RX-7, this is not true for the Buick Skylark (oil leaking on parking lot) or the Pontiac Trans-Am (would not hold on the highway, bad tires, quality of the finition, etc) I had back then.

For Bosch, I did not have problems so far either with the washing machine, dryer or Dish washer, they all work perfectly, sorry !

Reply to
trousky

Reply to
bigjim

Reply to
bigjim

Reply to
bigjim

Agree.

But the problem you have now is on a range build in 2001. Things do break. Thee was a warrany, now gone. Sorry, but it will not last forever with no problems. Remember, it was assembled by humans from parts designed by other humans.

Maybe I'm missing something on the timeline. Are the two problems related? If so, and the serviceman caused the second problem, you have a liigitimate complaint. If it is hyears after the fact, no, you do not. If you are legit, go higher up in the chain of command.

Good for you. Eventually they will not. Brand does not matter, mechanical parts ear out.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Check the repair records carefully before you buy. Today companies are buying other companies so brand-names have less meaning. Some things made in the USA are good, other things are not so good. Buy quality rather than looks. I bought an ugly Toyota Tundra truck for the repair and reliability, others buy a Ram 1500 because it looks "cool." I could care less where it is made, but I do know that tools made in Taiwan or China are not good, but shoes made in China are not too bad.

Reply to
Phisherman

Edwin Pawlowski a =E9crit :

The 2 problems must be related since it is the indicator of the original brand new 'failing' element, that stays on all the time. I tried the escalation process but they did not allwed me to explain my case to one step above in the management chain..... Good company with a lot of respect for its customers.........I am working for IBM and I know what a good company that respect its customers is..... Since you seem to have ties with KA, do you know how long it can take to fix such a problem ? (Can they make an estimate, I mean I do not want to pay

500$ of repair for a 1500$ device !
Reply to
trousky

bosch dishwashers are unreliable coming in dead last according to consumer reports. backed up by my ownership experience.

few knowledgable service people, mo easy source of parts at least locally, and bosch parts cost a fortune.

Reply to
hallerb
500$ of repair for a 1500$ device !

Sorry, but the only ties I have to KA is owning a few of their appliances over the past 40 years. All have worked well. Last dishwasher lasted 18 years and I replaced with with another KA. Refrigerator, stand mixer, hand mixer, toaster.

They should be able to give you some sort of extimate. OTOH, why deal with them directly? Call an independen service guy.

You still did not give a timeline from first problem to the second. Two days? Two years?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Edwin Pawlowski a =E9crit :

OK, I understand now, since you had good experience before, you are sold to KA....... Good luck with your appliances but from what I found on internet in this forum and others, this company is not what it used to be...........

See

again
Now, for the timeline, I agree, may be too late now. The first complaint whe had when we bought it, was after 2 days, the service man came in and gave its bla bla to my wife, I was not home at that time. She accepted it, but after a year of usage we said to ourselves, this does not make sense and we call them many times but it was a fight with them (1 year warranty, we did not took the extended one) so we did not accept to pay for a service man to come and try to fix this piece of junk. KA know I called at that time but unfortunately they lost the reason for this service call in their system..... I was trying to find out to see if there was a hidden warranty somewhere (you know company sometimes, when they get many of the same complaints from many customers, have technical service bulletin, that only them know about )=2E Now I am stuck, either I accept to pay for a service man to fix it (how long will this hold before it break again), either I fix it myself, or I leave it like it is......... Thanks to you. That is a good idea, since it is out of warranty anyway, I will call an independant service guy and see what he thinks about that. I can not trust KA serviceman anymore........But I am afraid he will need to contact them (KA) anyway to be able to fix it. Can you imagine, telling an Italian women that she should make her spaggheti sauce in the oven instead.... Like she said, it was the time where she had to take care of our newborns, she was too exhausted to argue with this stupid authorized KA repairman and she was new to this kind of ceran cooktop, he was lucky it was not other times.

Regards

Francois

Reply to
trousky

NO company is what is used to be. Had Maytag appliances for years, but they have gone down hill.

Sad story for sure, but . . . . . I'd bet that EVERY manufacturer has complaints. Fact is, when a company sells hundreds of thousands of appliances a year, they will get a few lemons. A few years ago we supplied a series of parts to a manufacturer of window air conditioners. they built as many as 10,000 a day. Do you think every one made was perfect?

I'd not try it in my house. Sounds like the first guy screwed up and I do agree that KA could have done better by a customer. Hope it works out OK in the end.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Reply to
ian.johns