Sprinkler problem with threaded PVC pipe

Hello all, Just found this group and thought I would ask this question here.

I have a little problem. My water sprinkler head needs replacing and it would be a pretty simple matter IF the darn thing didn't snap off RIGHT at the thread point IN the pipe! Any ideas how to remove the 1/2 inch plastic thread end from a larger PVC pipe?.. I need to unscrew it but there is NOTHING to grab onto. The break is FLUSH with the 2nd pipe. :(

I hate to have to cut and replace the whole section.. there must be some trick I could use.

Thanks for any suggestions..

Reply to
Pluvious

You have to wedge something INTO the pipe hole. There are things called "EZ-outs" for removing broken screws. I think there are big ones. They have a left-hand thread.

Reply to
professorpaul

While you are buying the head, look in the same section for a tool to remove these pipes. T- shaped...red handle thingy...

In a pinch I have used a knife blade, gently force into the thread and rotated out. Not much pressure is really needed.

Oren

Reply to
Oren

Thanks very much for the help.

Reply to
Pluvious

Go to a hardware store and ask for an internal pipe wrench that will fit

1/2" pipe. They're not very expensive. They have a serrated cam portion that you stick in the pipe, and when you apply torque, it'll grab the internal surface.

Pluvious wrote:

Reply to
newsman

Picture of the tool.

Oren

Reply to
Oren

Oren gave you the right answer, and he's also right that you can use a knife, a very stiff-bladed knife with an edge on both sides works best.

But the tool he refers to is the safest.

Reply to
timbirr