Spray Paint on Driveway.........

I live in Suburbia. Someone spray painted racial slurs on my drive way. Unfortunately, it is not against my race. While this has been a good way to meet the people in my neighborhood, it has not been friendly meetings.
I've pressure washed the paint and that took of a great deal, but it is still plainly visible. All I can think of now is to paint over it with some concrete paint, but I don't really want to paint my entire drive way.
The area is in a 3' x 3' square. I'm thinking of trying to sand it with a cinder block, trying to cover it with cement powder or maybe sandblasting. Off the wall ideas I guess but worth a try.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Bret Miller wrote in message ...

What does that mean? "Unfortunately, it is not against my race." Would the city pay for it or something, if it was? Just curious.
Cheri
<gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote:

If it *was* against his own race, it would be obvious to the neighbors that he was not responsible for putting it there. Hopefully, they realize that anyway, but some people aren't too quick to catch on.
--
Regards,
snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) writes:

them, they might be able to get more "action" against possible perps since it would be considered a hate crime against them.
My advice, get http://users.skynet.be/J.Beever/pave.htm to give you a visit. ;)
Beware advice of acid etching, since the paint might act as a resist and make the letters stand out more.
--
May no harm befall you,
flip
On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 17:25:31 -0700, "Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote:

sandblasting might be as extreme as muriatic acid in effect/looks (markedly different from other concrete in area); one form of art even exists whereby templates made from old rubber inner tubes are used in sandblasting designs into concrete...
some rental places rent concrete grinders that have stones you attach to the bottom of the machine, the stones rotate and remove surface concrete...you don't want the machine but want to buy one of the stones from the rental place...use it, the friction from rubbing the effected spot in circular potions with the stone should remove the paint, if that doesn't, follow up with 3600 psi pressure washer...then retry stone etc.
to match sanded area to old concrete, maybe try using mixture of street dirt, tiny portion oil, tiny portion of roofing tar, maybe some rust if other concrete nearby has rust stains,,,thinned with something safe then applied when it won't be raining for 4 or 5 days in a row,,,
On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 00:29:09 GMT, "nowforsale"

My pressure washer was a 2700 psi. I don't know if a 3600 would do much better, but maybe if it had hot water it might. OR after an application of Citrapeel someone recommended. I had thought to use a cinder block piece to "sand" the area. I would really like it gone by Halloween. bm

Citristrip is pretty effective against spray paint. Let it sit for 15 minutes or so and then scrub with a wire brush and wash off.

Google on "graffiti removal" -- you can't be the first person to have this problem.
--
Regards,

Yes, call someone at the City of Chicago graffiti removal crew, probably part of public works. There are fairly harmless ways of removing it. Even though you're not in Chicago they won't mind pointing you in the right direction.
hit it with acetone or lacquer thinner, or grind it off with a wire wheel on a drill.

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 21:10:11 -0500, "J.A. Michel"

The op hasn't said what his driveway is made of. (Why not, I wonder?)
But wire wheels don't work well on many non-metals. They don't just remove what is to be removed. They crush the surface of brick and other things and I'm not sure it ever gets back to normal.

Sorry I forgot. It is hard packed red clay. I'd really like to get the pant up before the grass gets too high for me to find it and work with it. Yes, I am being a smart ass. There is no "BIG SECRET" on why I didn't post what the driveway was composed of, it just slipped by me. Around here 99% of the driveways are concrete.....as is mine. Thanks BM
Bret Miller wrote:

http://hdsupply.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId051&catalogId051&productId224&parentCategoryId=&categoryIdhttp://hdsupply.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId051&catalogId051&productId708&parentCategoryId=&categoryIdhttp://hdsupply.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId051&catalogId051&productId334&parentCategoryId=&categoryId
Bret Miller wrote:

I would suggest checking your home insurance. Likely it is covered. In any case, I suspect the best solution is sand blasting.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Unless your home owners deductable is extremely low, I doubt it's worth it to contact your insurer.
I'm pasting an article on the subject below. [DO NOT ADD CONCRETE POWDER, BTW]
I don't know that I agree with the article about the black asphalt but then I don't have to worry about snow, etc, so maybe it;s a good idea. Article is below Do an online searech and compare the info you get with how logical it sounds.Most articles I scanned say pressure washing should do it, but you might have to repeat it a few times. (use a rental pressure washer for $50-60 a day- more powerful generally )
Uncoated asphalt tends to become very porous over time allowing easier staining. Spray paint has a solvent base that tends to bind tenaciously to asphalt that's why the lines on the roads stay put so long!
Any paint solvent or remover will likewise soften the asphalt.
Your best recourse is to just coat the driveway (or just the offending area) with a black asphalt sealer available at any hardware or home store. This coal-tar based product will easily mask the paint stain with a more attractive black finish. I would highly recommend sealing the entire driveway. The resulting smooth, nonporous surface makes snow removal easier and lengthens the life of the driveway as well.
And future painting "accident" cleanups and if necessary touchups will be easier!
Joseph Meehan wrote:

webmz wrote:

Is I recall, there is no deductible for that kind of issue on mine.
In any case, checking it out is free.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 20:09:58 -0400, Bret Miller

I'd just spray paint your own message next to it, and make a rude comment against the race you suspect was responsible for the grafitti. That will make everything well. If you suspect a gang did it, be sure ot make a negative comment against that gang. They will probably come and burn your house down after you do it, and once the house is gone you can collect the insurance money and move to a better neighborhood.
Sand blast.
--
Steve Barker

"Bret Miller" < snipped-for-privacy@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
Grafitti remover. Spray on wait half hour wash off. Problem solved.