spray paint for home repair

Oops, might try that next time.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
On Tuesday, August 19, 2014 11:51:40 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Yes, yes, and yes.
I prefer Krylon but try a few brands and find out what you prefer.
Sometimes they last for years, but after a month or two from first use they 'll be questionable.
Yes, they need to be shaken for at least a full minute after sitting for an y appreciable period of time, and periodically during use.
Also after use spray while holding the can upside down to clear the nozzle until it sprays clear. If the nozzle clogs anyway you might be able to fix it with your thumbnail - clear the slot in the stem that pushes down into the can. If it's still clogged you can soak it in some paint thinner/aceto ne whatever to try to save it.
I also save old nozzles that still work when I use the end of a can, just i n case one clogs up unsalvageably in the middle of a job.
nate
On Tue, 19 Aug 2014 11:51:40 -0400, Stormin Mormon

I haven't noticed a difference with one brand vs another, but I have noticed if you exceed the shelf life the nozzles become very problematic. If the age of the spray can is more than, I'm taking a guess here, about five years or so, you will struggle to get the job done. A few years ago I finally threw out all my old spray cans, some of which were probably older than 15 years, and bought some new ones. What a difference!
That was a few years ago. I wonder how much longer those will be useful?
On 8/23/2014 1:03 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

Same with Great Stuff expanding foam. Goes limp after a while in storage.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Nah! Use an 1/8" brad point drill bit in a Dremel and push hard. Makes a good Dem voter out of anyone.