Splitting 240V

Page 2 of 2
On 12/28/2013 09:06 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Correct!!!!
On Sat, 28 Dec 2013 16:26:50 -0800, Stumpy wrote:

I think you mean "endangered".
Having read your post, I think you are already dangerous.
--
"Design is the reverse of analysis"
(R.D. Middlebrook)
On 12/29/2013 10:08 AM, Fred Abse wrote:

I don't think Miss Manners would have used that choice of wording. But, the sentiment is there. And, I agree.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Hopefully only to myself. I think and talk about many more things than I actually do. I try to avoid undo risk.
snipped-for-privacy@spamnet.corn says...

Be careful there, if you have any assets that are worth anything, the managers or those loony bins, old age homes, are looking for people like you!
They just love to take the family farm, accounts and maybe your deformed buddy down the road, if there is any money in it for them!
Who was that you were talking to?
Jamie
On 12/28/2013 06:26 PM, Stumpy wrote:

Here is the acceptable way to get 115v if you do NOT need 230v
Remove the white wire from the circuit breaker and connect it to the panel neutral.
At your outlet, the white wire will be the 115v return and the black wire the 115v "hot" .
The sheath should of course be ground.
This will work fine but assumes there is no 230v device anywhere that was using the wiring.

Yeah. I think that would be simplest too.
On 12/29/2013 1:29 PM, Stumpy wrote:

If you're skilled in panel boxes, that is. Call an electrician if you feel dangerous.
--
.
Christopher A. Young