Special double ended drill bits

Years ago I got some double ended drill bits. They were sharp on both ends, and were short. They were intended for sheet metal workers, and as far as I know, only came in small sizes, like 1/8". Those were the handiest bits. Not just because they have 2 usable ends, but because they were short and did not break everytime I use them. I just was drilling a 1/8" hole in a piece of 1/4" thick steel, and used a brand new bit. As always, the damn thing broke, because it's too f**king long for drilling in steel.
The reason I ma posting this is because I dont know where to buy those special bits. The ones I got years ago came from an auction which was selling used tools and other equipment from a plumbing and heating business that shut down. At the time I bought several boxes of hand tools, and a few other things, and found a container with about 10 of those bits in one box. They were so handy, but eventually I used them up.
Where can I buy some of these. Anyone know?
Mark
They are made by several manufacturers. Here is one http://www.irwin.com/irwin/consumer/jhtml/detail.jhtml?prodId=IrwinProd100129
Look in your yellow pages for a commercial construction supply house.

They were sharp on both

sheet metal workers, and

1/8".
http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/ap9012.html
On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 05:59:58 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@UNLISTED.com wrote:

<http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber9801>
6 cents each!

16.6 cents each!

I know. My fingers got ahead of my brain and I hit send too quickly. There is also shipping to consider!
Titanium Nitride bits are adequate for many applications, but double- ended Cobalt bits are a much better investment.
This site sells them 12 for $5.00: www.hobbytool.com/browseproducts/1-8--Double-Ended-Drill-Bits.html
I have a friend who bought them much cheaper at a mobile tool sale, but he can't remember which seller it was. He bought about 2 dozen for about $5.
Have you tried a heating and air conditioning supply house ???
If you are using these for pop rivets try and get drill size number 30 instead of 1/8 inch...the #30 is a tad larger...just a tad though and its what most folks use for 1/8 inch rivets.
~:>