Spastic Trane XL14I?

Hello,

I have a relatively new xl14i with variable speed air handler. When the compressor outside shuts off, the air handler ramps down like it should. But then the air handler soon after ramps up again then down, waits a bit, then ramps up then back down and so on for a couple of minutes. Then it shuts off. Is this some kind of energy efficiency thing - in that it's trying to get all the "cold" off the heat exchanger - or is it just spastic? It's cooling just fine and nothing else seems out of the ordinary. I'm running the Trane thermostat on manual - not using any program.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Rick

Sounds a bit strange. That is exactly how they get the higher seers My old one would ramp up and then ramp down then off. I would call someone if it bothers you. I had gas heat with the old unit and when I went into heat mode the fan would start then shut off wait a while then start again. I just ignored it.

Reply to
SQLit