Some Litton Microwave Parts Still Available

Some Litton Microwave Parts Still Available
Litton was taken over by Maytag, but as of now, parts are still available for many models.
You can search by entering your full model (try with and without any dots or dashes in yours) here: http://tinyurl.com/gv383
If you need an owner's manual / instruction booklet, first try here for a free one: http://maytag.com/support/manuals_literature.jsp
If it's not found there, you may be able to order one here: http://tinyurl.com/gv383
Key words: Litton Industries Litton microwave oven parts Litton microwave parts owner's manual owner manual instruction book instruction
manual instruction booklet use and care guide use & care guide
Hope this helps.
William E. Miller, AS-EET snipped-for-privacy@usa.net † http://www.MicrowaveDisplay.com Microwave Oven Control Panel Repair Nationwide $39.95
Add pictures here
✖

Ah 49.95 and I have a new microwave,,,,,,,,,,,, beat that ....
Add pictures here
✖
†http://www.MicrowaveDisplay.com

Ah 49.95 and I have a new microwave,,,,,,,,,,,, beat that ....
Ah two cents and I have your mother on my left nut,,,,,, beat that ......
Add pictures here
✖

Yup, made in China and will probably last you a couple years if you are lucky.
Add pictures here
✖

Yup, made in China and will probably last you a couple years if you are lucky.
True, but it will cook better than the 20 year old Litton too.
Add pictures here
✖

It will? On what grounds do you say that?
Add pictures here
✖
William Sommerwerck wrote:

Well, assuming there is a need for parts, the 20 year old Litton is probably not cooking at all. Anything's better than that.
jak
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 09:13:42 -0800, "William Sommerwerck"

Magnetrons get "tired" as they age
Newer microwaves are built with higher wattage than older ones
Revolving platters such as those used in Sharp ovens are a major improvement
Add pictures here
✖

In addition, good control over power levels to better cook some items. If all you are doing is reheating your coffee, who case. OTOH, if you are serious about cooking look into a new model.
Add pictures here
✖
wrote in message

I doubt it. In fact there will likely be virtually no difference in cooking ability. Microwave oven technology has been refined to the extent that there's very little difference from one unit to another, much like the "AA5" radio of the tube era, the outside may look different, but under the cover they're all remarkably similar.
If you have a big old oven in decent cosmetic condition and you still like the thing, seems like it's worth fixing, but then I'd rather fix anything than throw it away.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I have a 'Little Litton', made in the sixties, and it still works fine, in fact does popcorn (it has no turntable) better than new ones do. It has never had a repair other than replacing the light bulb every few years. However, it will give you a hernia when you pick it up! g>
Regards Lee
Add pictures here
✖

The old ones have a metal "fan" blade at the end of the waveguide which spins by the airflow from the magnetron cooling fan. This blade scatters the microwave energy to prevent hot spots. New ovens usually just have a turntable instead. It's debatable which is a better approach, I'm guessing the turntable must be cheaper to make though, either that or people just recognize it as a feature while the fan blade is hidden.
Add pictures here
✖
James Sweet wrote:

I would guess the turntable. I had several ovens without them, several with. The ones with always worked better in minimizing hot-spots than the ones without.
jak
Add pictures here
✖

the older microwave ovens were built like a tank.
my best friend has a ancient commercial model and added a wind up turntable, says it heats much more evenly now,'
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Didn't even have to be a 'name' brand. My 1982 Samsung entry-level table-top micro is still in use every day. No repairs ever, knock on stained plastic.
aem sends...
Add pictures here
✖