So I Got My Steering Wheel Turning Knob

Page 2 of 2  
On 5/20/12 7:43 PM, hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

I think hitting a spinner in a wreck could do some serious damage. Dad had them on his old farm tractors. These tractors didn't have power steering. Most of them were tricycle type with two wheels in the front. There was a lot of feedback from the wheels. One had to keep a good grip to hold the steering wheel. The best practice was to use the spinner only while turning. There wasn't much clearance between the steering wheels and the driver. The spinner could hit important body parts if one let the steering wheel go.
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

If injuries to vehicle operators was an actual concern the devices would be banned federally as vehicle safety standards are determined and set by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration... Since the devices are allowed for disabled individuals as an adaptive assistance device (which under the federal ADA law states can not bar assistive/adaptive devices which help disabled persons,) the laws which prohibit them seem to be aimed at curtailing misuse of steering wheel knobs by persons whose only need/want to have them installed is to be able to perform unsafe and aggressive driving maneuvers... (a.k.a. "stunt/trick driving")
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Friday, May 25, 2012 2:12:37 PM UTC-4, Evan wrote:

_____________ Well if I owned a post-WWII antique sedan I'd want one of those knobs on my wheel and exception should be given for same. Of course, what does the guv'ment know about extra turns lock-to-lock in 1947?
-CC
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On May 25, 1:30 pm, snipped-for-privacy@snet.net wrote:

Heh. I remember when the "lock to lock" number of turns was part of every road test report.
Harry K
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Fri, 25 May 2012 20:37:57 -0700 (PDT), Harry K

wheel and exception should be given for same.  Of course, what does the guv'ment know about extra turns lock-to-lock in 1947?

And 5 to 6 turns was common without PS. I have no clue what my car is not, but much less than that.
You must be as old as me to remember that.
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Probably a bit older. I remember the comments being made when a relative bought a new care and it didn't have running boards!
Harry K
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 5/26/12 10:52 AM, Harry K wrote:

Did you say "What's wrong with kids these days?".
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sun, 20 May 2012 17:43:29 -0700 (PDT), "hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net"

Because back in the 60's some pot smoking, beer drinking guy was balling a woman who was on his lap while he was driving. The spinner got stuck on the base of his cock. His cock was inserted in the woman, so it did not flex, and thus it caused a serious car crash. Both he and the woman died. Because of this, the government knew that these things were dangerous, and had to protect us from ourselves. This is the same reason we're forced to wear those death-traps called "seatbelts", which trap people in burning cars after a crash. As well as the reason we're forced to have GFCI outlets in bathrooms, because the government knows that people on drugs and alcohol like to put a plug in radio under the water in their bathtub while they bathe, so it sounds like they are at the ocean.
We are very dangerous people. None of us have any brains, except those in the government, who are all highly intelligent super beings. In fact they even have the "Central Intelligence Agency", which are the most intelligent persons on earth. Be sure to thank your government officials for caring so much about us, and for ending the natural process, where the weakest links in the chain of society are supposed to perish to prevent breeding more stupid people.
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

get longer bolts,make a plate to fit your wheel. it's a kludge anyways...

sarcasm,I like it.

all that have skinny steering wheels like the old cars that used to sport these spinner knobs.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Go to a dealer that sells that brand and get one with their logo.
Harry K
Add pictures here
✖
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Site Timeline

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.