Snap On vs. Husky sockets

replying to trader_4, CMD wrote: Snap-on tools are worth the price if you value quality and functionality, which most professionals do. IMO the only viable, readily available tool is Craftsman. However the are several good second choices for the professional, such as Matco and Proto, for example. These manufacturers make specialty tools where Craftsman and (ugh) Husky do not. And as far as Husky tools go, I would not waste my money on them. They are absolute junk. There is a reason Snap-on tools (generally) cost ten times what a Husky tool does.

Reply to
CMD

replying to DerbyDad03, DieselMech wrote: Genius tools are cheaper and of the same quality as SO if not better. I found also Kennedy tools to be of exceptional quality and well priced. However long

1/2 inch drive power-bar I would by only from SO. In many situations used 2m long steel pipe on it while working on excavator tracks without any sign of damage whatsoever. It's simply unbreakable.
Reply to
DieselMech

I'm sure the OP would have been interested in your critique when he asked the question... 2-1/2 years ago.

Reply to
Father Time

I've seen the forked end of a SO "johnson bar" snapped off. as well as the pins broken - so they are not QUITE unbreakable.

Reply to
clare