Slight mildewy smell in basement

Associated post: "Water under refriferator"
I have wet/dry vac'ed about 8 gallons of water from my finished basement. I left the carpet wet and ran fans over it for several days with windows open and the furnace fan on. Then I bought a dehumidifier. It's finally dry. However, there's a slight mildewy smell down there. What should/can I do?
Thanks!
Spray it with bleach or junk it.
You need to replace that carpet now or be burdened with mold forever. All you did was breed pathogens for several days.
I had a similar problem, then had Sears come and clean the carpet. After they left, it was almost already dry, left the windows open for a day, then put a dehumidifier in there set at 40%.
It's been good ever since.