Sliders OT

I ran across this after seeing the comments about tool thefts at construction sites. Thieves are grabbing purses while the owners are fueling their vehicles. http://tinyurl.com/mzsvp93

Thanks. I just passed that on to my wife -- maybe she'll get a bit more conscientious about locking her car doors now.
On 8/9/2013 3:18 PM, Doug Miller wrote:

Would not happen to my wife as only drivers door is unlocked. Me too. On both our cars single click of remote opens drivers door only, two clicks open all doors and trunk.
I walk in a local park and have seen a lot of purses stolen from cars. A woman will get out of her car and open the trunk and lock her purse in it. This advertises to thief that she has a purse and he knows where it is. Thief will wait until she is out of sight, break window, open trunk and is off with the purse even if an alarm goes off.

One responder said she clicks the holder so she an scan what's going on around her.
1 - How many places in NY still have the holder enabled? 2 - If it only takes 19 seconds to steal a purse, she is still at risk.