Site for Telelphone/video supplies?

Am rewiring house for Telephone/video.

Anyone have any good online sites for supplies for the project?

Reply to
Jack

best prices for cat 6e wiring and connectors probably home depot who also has lots of other related stuff

Reply to
hallerb

There is a national (US) standard within the BICSI

suggesting each and every home have a very special voice+data cable setup.

Of course it includes fiber, making it a very expensive cable (I'd imagine). I think it's like 2 cat7 strands, a cat 3 strand and 2 MM fiber runs.

Good luck trying to terminate them.

But, anyone could cut the ends off and then get your professional involved.

As for where to get the supplies? Pros use giants like Anixter, Graybar, and Westell, among others.

Reply to
ng_reader

if you have walls open install flexible conduit, and definetely all home runs to a central spot.

standards change fast conduit allows pulling new cable without opening walls

Reply to
hallerb

Cliff Hartle

Not a chance. HD wanted 39 cents/ft for UL fire rated RG6 cable. The local electrician charged me 10 cents a foot for the RG6 and Cat 5e. Home Depot price wasnt even "in the neighborhood". Same thing went for 18-4 alarm wire.

Reply to
Rudy

You want cheap? ... Most of the cable is available on eBay.... You won't always know that your getting quality, however...

Try...

usually has good prices on connectors.

also

Also, the following site has interesting and unusual products that you might have trouble finding elsewhere...

Beachcomber

Reply to
Beachcomber