Sink Loose in Countertop

Do modern bathroom sinks (china) not use any mechanical fastenings to hold them to the countertop? I have one that wiggles in the cutout and there is nothing underneath to tighten. There is a bead of caulk under the lip of the sink, but it isn't stuck to the countertop.
Any suggestions, or am I going to have to unhook the pipes and "reglue" it?
Thanks, Red
red wrote:

That is how the bath sink in this place I bought 4 years ago was installed. Popped loose while I was getting the clogged trap unhitched to clean it out. No evidence on the sink of any place for clips, so I guess that is how it was supposed to be installed.
-- aem sends...

Pop off the top, clean off all traces of old caulk (acetone, denatured alcohol) on both parts, reinstall with a bath and shower type silicone sealant. After 24 hours or so, hook up the plumbing.
Joe

sigh. that's what I figured. have to shovel the make-up supplies off the counter and get to work.
Red