Silicone Lubricant for Plumbing

What kind of silicone lubricant are they talking about in this video? (It's applied to o-rings in kitchen faucets.) I'm on the way to Lowe's, so I want to make sure I get the right stuff.

mcp6453

Something like Dow 111

gfretwell

Or Google "Magic Lube teflon". That's what I use for pool eqpt O rings and similar. Same idea, it's paste like, doesn't dry out and may in fact be silicone based. The Magic Lube or similar a pool supply place should have.

Reply to
trader_4

Isn't this what everyone uses,

$3.37 for a small container. FWIW there is also this
$2.99 for the same size container, and sold by Danco, the same ones who sell the first one.

So what's the difference? It doesn't use the world silicone but what does that mean in practice.

Good of you to ask while you're on the way. I'm guessing yo're home by now.

Reply to
micky