Showerhead Problems

I recently purchased a new showerhead. Upon testing it, I noticed the head makes motorlike noises whenever the head is set onto full pressure mode. Did I wind the thing too tight ? Have I used too much Teflon tape, or is the showerhead simply defective ?
maybe the way it was designed for----pulse

You may have over tightened then assembly and distorted whatever seal is used. I would remove it and check the sealing washer.
Dave
I'll bet it is one of those massage heads. They have a rotor that makes the water pulse.

snipped-for-privacy@yours.com (moody) wrote in

I actually had a similar issue when we installed a new low flow shower head. It gives it's best flow when the water is between 1/3 and 1/2 fully on. When you go higher, the water output pressure drops slightly and it will, occsionally, start to pulse. It was a freebie from the power company to help reduce hot water usage so I am not sure of the brand name. Works well if used as described above.
Chris