Shower too close to window - another question, sort of...

I'm in about the same boat as the guy who started the last thread. My question is: If I remove the bath tub and put in a corner shower unit, I would cover about a third of the existing window. If I cover the inside with drywall, what's to prevent me from just leaving the window in there? I know it won't be the greatest looking thing from the outside, but it's a 2nd floor, and it's vinyl siding, and the thoughts of taking out that window totally and having the siding redone to cover the hole...ugggghhhh.
(Constructive comments welcomed, flames accepted and flushed. Stalking wannabe-electrician losers from the alt.hvac group will be laughed away without comment, as usual.)
TP -- _________________________________________ If u are gonna say that I said something, please say what I REALLY said. ($1 Earl)
Nothing wrong with it. except Most places have a code that requires ventilation in a bathroom either a window or a exhaust vent. And I'd check if it was a Fire Code that windows be accessible to the room. but your obviously redoing walls so that should be easy to to.
And eventually some day you will redo the siding.
I did see one once where they put some sort of adhesive film on the inside of the glass so from the outside you couldn't see in and see there was a wall behind it.

Egress isn't an issue in a bathroom so no windows is required. A vent fan would be. Cover the window on the inside with a sheet of plywood painted flat black and it'll look fine from outside.
Jeff
On 02 Jul 2003, Jeff Cochran wrote:

Yep, planning on a fan vented right out through that wall. Thanks for the tip on the black background, that was a big concern.
Nobody's mentioned my other concern, so I guess it's a non-issue. Was just a bit worried about having a "weak spot" in the home exterior that would be essentially unaccessable from the inside. But it's a good strong semi-recent replacement window, and if something goes bad with it down the road I can always get to it by ripping out a chunk of drywall, so I won't lose any sleep over it.
--
TP

HACK!! Covering up a window with drywall instead of properly removing it?!?!?
Tommy, you are truly a HACK.
Replace with glass block, disable the locks on storm windows and leave them in place.

Man..dont worry about code issues..Tom has proven time and time again he has no desire to go with the law..
PVC pipe instead of B for instance...