Shower doors, glass, mirrors, questions and concerns

Hello everyone,
My name is Jeff and I just wanted to let you all know that if anyone has questions regarding shower doors, measuring, installation, care and Maintenance, glass, mirrors, or any glazing questions please feel free to post them, and I'll answer them as soon as I can.
Thank you,
Jeff Salmeto The Shower Door Store Quality Shower Enclosures For Your Home www.theshowerdoorstore.com
The Shower Door Store wrote:

How do you remove the hazy soap film that accumulates on clear glass doors? I've tried many chemicals with little success. Bending to scrub is hard because of back problems so I need something that will work with a "sponge on a stick".
CLR bathroom cleaner...

I get a lot of questions regarding stage 1 soap scum buildup and how to clean it. I have also tried many products and have found that either Shield Pre-Clean 2000 or CRL Bio Clean work well on hard water stains, rust, mineral deposits, soap scum, and limescale. I also reccomend using the Clean-X Invisible Shield on the glass. This prevents water stains and soap buildup on the surface of the glass by creating a waxed-like surface which beads off the water and soap. All of these products can be purchased on our website in the "care products" portion of our showroom.
Sincerely,
Jeff Salmeto The Shower Door Store Quality Shower Enclosures For Your Home www.theshowerdoorstore.com
DAC wrote:

the best way to keep your shower doors as well as your tile looking great for years to come is simply by wiping the doors and shower area down after you are done drying off. your doors and tile may develop a small residue from time to time so simply spraying Lysol Tub and Tile Cleaner on the glass and tile while it is still wet works great. Spray the stuff on.....wait a few minutes and wipe it down before it drys. but like i said, to keep your doors looking great w/out a tlot of work is to wipe them down when finished using the shower. it amazes me how people can spend thoiusands of $$$ on a a bathroom, but won't do what it takes to keep them clean, especially when it's where you go to get clean.

Use a bit of Lemon Oil on a rag. It will keep glass looking brand new. Have a 40 year old shower door that looks as if its never been used. MLD
On 22 Jan 2007 06:51:16 -0800, "The Shower Door Store"

I have found that just about any cleaner works fine IF you follow it up with a hard rubber squeegee. Works great on mine.
Yes, I also recommend using a squeegee everytime you finish showering. This prevents the buildup of water stains and soap scum and also keeps your shower looking clean a whole lot longer.