shower control valve

Any suggestions on a good shower control valve? Any to avoid?

Reply to
franz fripplfrappl

Moentrol 3320 or 3330 for the rough-in. Then buy whatever control that matches the valve, and your needs.

i.e.:

"

{D563AC80-E710-481A-9BD7-783DE742836E}&Product=4986""
{D563AC80-E710-481A-9BD7-783DE742836E}&Product=2419" I liked this one because it didn't have all the complex temperature controls that reduce pressure and increase maintenance.

I use the three way transfer valve for a built in hand shower, that's in addition to a regular shower head with the pressure reducer removed. It's really nice to have both a hand shower and regular shower head, without the funky attachment to the showerhead pipe, and it was less plumbing and less cost to have the transfer valve integrated with the shower control. For some reason they say not to use the shower control valve to divert water to a tub, but I think the reason is that the volume isn't considered high enough for fast tub filling.

You can also use the transfer valve to divert water to wall jets (spa shower).

Avoid Delta.

Reply to
SMS