Sherwinn Williams

Page 1 of 2

Hi,im going to be painting the house this spring,what is better to use,duration,or super paint,im going to be using a paint gun,any advice ,thanks dan.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 21, 6:14 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Dan) wrote:

I would find out what the warranty is all about on "duration" first. But I must admit anything with the word "super" is hard to resist.
Add pictures here
✖
Glad you are not going with an off brand for it. I used it one time on my house and it was peeling by the next year.
--
Dymphna
Message origin: www.TRAVEL.com

Of course, that couldn't possibly be due to poor prep, now could it?

- a Usenet "apology"
✖
David Nebenzahl wrote:

Prep? You mean you can't just spray the bulk dirt off with a garden hose and then paint right over the remaining dirt, mildew and moss?
Add pictures here
✖

Of course you can. "Painters" do it all the time.
Add pictures here
✖

In the ole days, there was "spick-and-span", used for washing for paint prep.
I figured I would never get all the desert dust out of my rough textured stucco.
Power washed and painted..
Add pictures here
✖

"Good" painters don't. Good painters prepair the surface well, removing or killing all mildew and removing as much dirt as possible.
TSP is generally used as a basis for most paint prep.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

I've used Sherwin Williams on my Benz, after a good coating of TSP.
It looks terrific.
"I don't really have a replacement career, it's a very gnawing thing."
Bob Morein (215) 646-4894
Add pictures here
✖

Huh?! Sounds as dumb as posting your phone number on usenet. But then again, could be a setup with an ex's new S.O.
Add pictures here
✖

Huh?! Sounds as dumb as posting your phone number on usenet. But then again, could be a setup with an ex's new S.O.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

I've used Sherwin Williams on my Benz, after a good coating of TSP.
It looks terrific.
"I don't really have a replacement career, it's a very gnawing thing."
Bob Morein (215) 646-4894
Add pictures here
✖
David Nebenzahl;3098287 Wrote: > On 1/22/2010 9:31 AM Dymphna spake thus: > > > Glad you are not going with an off brand for it. I used it one time > on > > my house and it was peeling by the next year. > > Of course, that couldn't possibly be due to poor prep, now could it? > > > -- > You were wrong, and I'm man enough to admit it. > > - a Usenet "apology" Nope - I scraped and primered it before painting.
--
Dymphna
Message origin: www.TRAVEL.com
✖
On 1/26/2010 11:38 AM Dymphna spake thus:

But was that really good prep? No mold, mildew, stain or other stuff needing removed? What about caulking, filling, other surface prep?
Maybe you actually did a decent prep job, but "scraped and prime[re]d it" doesn't usually cut it.

- a Usenet "apology"
✖
David Nebenzahl;3100765 Wrote: > On 1/26/2010 11:38 AM Dymphna spake thus: > > > David Nebenzahl;3098287 Wrote: > > > >> On 1/22/2010 9:31 AM Dymphna spake thus: > >> > >>> Glad you are not going with an off brand for it. I used it one
--
Dymphna
Message origin:
Dymphna wrote:

I wonder what "it" is.
Add pictures here
✖
Bob F;3098349 Wrote: > Dymphna wrote: > > Glad you are not going with an off brand for it. I used it one time > on > > my house and it was peeling by the next year. > > I wonder what "it" is. It was a store brand, Coast to Coast if I remember correctly.
--
Dymphna
Message origin: www.TRAVEL.com
✖
On 1/26/2010 11:42 AM Dymphna spake thus:

Wasn't that the house label of Standard Brands? They've been out of business for, what, 30 years or so?

- a Usenet "apology"
✖
David Nebenzahl;3100766 Wrote: > On 1/26/2010 11:42 AM Dymphna spake thus: > > > Bob F;3098349 Wrote: > > > >> Dymphna wrote: > >> > >>> Glad you are not going with an off brand for it. I used it one > >>> time on my house and it was peeling by the next year. > >> > >> I wonder what "it" is. > > > > It was a store brand, Coast to Coast if I remember correctly. > > Wasn't that the house label of Standard Brands? They've been out of > business for, what, 30 years or so? > > -- > You were wrong, and I'm man enough to admit it. > > - a Usenet "apology" Not that long. It was about 15 years ago.
--
Dymphna
Message
On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 10:06:19 -0600, Red Green wrote:

I agree. There are spaces in there, and capitals, and a period; the technology's obviously capable of it - it's just that the OP was just too lazy to bother with it. To be honest, that makes me far too lazy to help them out.

Ha ha! I was replying to you as I was reading your post, so I typed exactly that before seeing that you'd got there first :-) (I even used 'lazy-ass', too)
cheers
Jules
Add pictures here
✖