This is going to be annoying!

My domestic staff failed to insert her voucher (J. Sainsburys) at the Euro parks paystation and came home.

After some discussion she drove back to sort it out. Parked in the same carpark and of course the machine said she did not owe anything (because she was now within the 30min free period) so she came home again!

There seems no provision through the Euro Car Parks web site to sort this out other than waiting for the notice and then appealing!

Annoyingly the car is registered to me.

Any advice?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Am 02/02/2024 um 15:57 schrieb Tim Lamb:

Are they legal?

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

There was a long thread in uk.legal.moderated starting at the end of May which might have drifted off into this area, as there was some discussion of what happened if the ANPR missed the car leaving. See

. If you've got a Google account and Google Groups is still in operation, you might be able to browse through it there.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

I try hard to avoid Google! But thanks anyway.

She is guilty as she failed to pay or provide her voucher before leaving. My interest is more aimed at any provision to contact the parking company prior to the notice arriving and whether supplying the voucher now is a get out.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In message <upj5bf$2m2m6$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, Ottavio Caruso snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com writes

? Sainsburys supply a QR code on a scrap of paper if you spend more than a certain amount. I suppose you could print your own.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Am 02/02/2024 um 19:23 schrieb Tim Lamb:

No, I mean, are your servants legal? Do they have valid papers? Do you pay them NI, tax, pension contributions?

It's a legit question. I get asked this question every single day.

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

In message <upl33v$32rnu$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, Ottavio Caruso snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com writes

Domestic staff advance payment was a gold ring on her left hand 55+ years ago!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Then surely you mean "management".

Reply to
charles

And you've been paying ever since?

Reply to
Jeff Gaines

Am 03/02/2024 um 10:09 schrieb Tim Lamb:

Wow. Was that the time when wives were bought? I'd have wanted to live in that time.

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

Am 03/02/2024 um 10:52 schrieb Jeff Gaines:

It is called "reparations" nowadays.

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

Reminds me of the old bingo call: "Seven and six; was she worth it?" (The marriage licence used to cost 7s 6d.)

Reply to
Max Demian

As did the dog licence.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

Difficult choice.

Reply to
Max Demian

And in spades when you decide that she is way past her best buy date and need to replace her with a much more viable one later.

Reply to
Rod Speed

It certainly was for Darwin, he spelt that out in his journal.

Reply to
Rod Speed

In message snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net>, Jeff Gaines snipped-for-privacy@outlook.com writes

Not really. Mostly, her income was higher than mine. I paid the mortgages and transport, she bought the food and covered the children's expenses.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I think the choice he considered was, "marry my cousin" or "don't marry my cousin", not "marry" or "get a dog".

Reply to
Max Demian

Indeed. But he chose the cousin. His sister chose her cousin Josiah as well.

Four families intermarried quite a bit. Wedgwood, Darwin, Huxley and Keynes. Even recently; I know a Huxley who married a Darwin, and I knew a Keynes/Darwin child. And a few others!

Reply to
Bob Eager

That seems to be part of the business model. I occasionaly make use of an SIP car park, where you pay in advance for blocks of time up to 24 hours. I thought I'd look into the options for making a top-up payment if I arrived back late but there are none. Their conditions also say that payments not made at the right time are invalid so any attempt to make a top-up payment will be ignored.

Reply to
Peter Johnson