Shelving a small pantry???

Hello,
I need to put some shelves in a small pantry (13" width, 22" depth, 60" height). I have some wood braces(?) that I need to nail/screw in on the sides and place the shelf on top. The problem is, the left side of the pantry is where the counter top ends, thus about 1cm thick. Anything nailed/screwed would pop out of the side. Any suggestions on how to apply the braces? Wood glue?
Thanks, Eych
Use liquid nails to apply a 1x2" board and set the shelf on top of that. You might also be able to nail/screw the 1x2" to the front and back of the pantry depending on the thickness. You could also through-bolt the brackets using flathead stove bolts countersunk on the outside and the nuts on the inside.
Eych wrote:

You could install shelf standards on the back of the closet and thus entirely eliminate the need for supports on the sides. This is the best type of hardware because they are super strong and totally adjustable. Home Depot has good ones. I like the double standard, LOL, and here is link to show you an example.
http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1493357080.1143235143@@@@&BV_EngineIDcladdhgemhmjecgelceffdfgidgjm.0&CNTTYPE=PROD_META&N)84+4442&MID76&CNTKEY=misc%2fsearchResults.jsp&pos=n14