Shallow Well Pump Blows Fuses

Goulds 1/2 HP. Has been making a grinding noise although it still pumps perfectly. I suspect something is binding causing it to draw more amps, but what most likely. Bearings? NOTE: This occurs after the pump has been running for awhile, NOT on startup. Thanks for help! Frank

Sounds like you need some professional well service, and sooner rather than later. Good luck.
Joe

My submersible was cuttting out, drawing twice its working amperage. Plumber said it was failing and I had it replaced.
On Wed, 01 Sep 2010 11:35:48 -0400, frank1492 wrote:

If you like running water you should call a pro. If you are trying to figure out which one is likely at fault, the pump or motor, there is no way to tell unless you have the parts on hand to substitute one or the other.
It's an above-ground pump used for irrigation only. Guess I'll just take it apart and look. Thanks all.

If you have a stethoscope, listen at the pump and at the motor sides.
That's finding the noise side, right..
Absent the stethoscope, try a pool stick, length of pipe, long screwdriver and some imagination.
Youtube has some videos of screamin' pump motors.
I'll do this- good idea.