shade for air conditioner?

Page 2 of 2
On 20 Jul 2004 14:52:02 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@ece.villanova.edu wrote:

..ummm howsat..u want a worm to teach? IF I have this right, this is a self-help group for those concerned to ask..and be told. I fail to see where a professional has to explain the advice to the nin-cum-poops who question the wisdom. Ask and be told. Thems the rules AFAIK. The "acid rain" responses I read to date are also all BullSheet. <CBHVAC>__[gawd bless that newbie soul]_,,,, is as close as the reality of WHY you NEVER hose down Condenser sections as one can get. Read that posters words carefully,,IF you want to save dollars and equipment ..!
<grin>
BTZ

This is Turtle.
I will sume it up for you. You might shade it for it may make a very small difference in the head pressure on a very hot day and will traslate to a very small amount of electricity to be saved. It will not hurt it at all but could in some way make a very small difference in the electricity it would use. Now to say the least here. it could help out the Paint job on the metal to look better down the road like a car in a carport. Any saving would be in the very small area of savings.
TURTLE
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 00:29:50 -0500, "TURTLE"
snip drivel... I think U pharked that up,,yet agin..mia compadre :-)
BTZ
Howie wrote:

It can help, but I doubt it you will get anything close to a 10% improvement. It also can hurt if you are blocking the air flow. The really important part is the air flow. Frankly just changing the direction from which the air comes in so that you may draw in cooler air is likely to make a much greater difference.
In any case, do nothing to block the flow of the air.
As a note to the comment of dripping water on the coils. That will, at first, reduce cost, but, unless it is very carefully engineered it will not help long. The deposits and damage to the coils will soon cause a much larger problem.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Rainwater leaves no deposits. My $10 fountain pump uses 10 watts and reduces the power from 1050 to 950 watts while increasing the COP by 10%.
Nick
Nick Pine wrote:

You must not get the rain water we get around here. However your situation, if you have very clean neutral rain water, that would come under the "..carefully engineered" clause. I might suggest that if you have acid rain, that can also be a problem even if it does not appear to leave deposits.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

under
acid
ALL rainwater contains something...other than water. Even what is considered clean rain has a PH of about 4.5.... Urine....starts at 6.5...and you know what dog piss does to a unit... Yea...lets dump tons of rainwater on a coil....

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 23:55:30 -0400, "CBHVAC"
snip..

............get gack to your thermodynamic content. Not only was the direction accurate,, but you were making far more sense, Stick with it,, have faith in your training :- )
BTZ
bitzah wrote:

Well gee, it seems you have clipped out all the correct accurate information presented in all the replies (except mine for some reason) and substituted some silly remarks. That sure sounds like a troll to me.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

And dont worry kiddo....one day you will find out who your daddy is...as soon as your mom comes out of her crack induced coma.. Any other stupid remarks want to be made....newbie bitch?
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:44:02 -0400, "CBHVAC"

..hey scumbag..whos'at you addressin'..? come clean. IF possible !
BTZ

Consider planting a deciduous tree or shrub (one that drops its leaves in the fall).

house
the
cover
the
We only have about 4 feet between the house and the fence (property line)... I wonder what type of deciduous tree or shrub I could plant here in Regina (Saskatchewan, Canada)? Only 4 feet of space for a tree or shrub??
Howie

BTZ

line)...
Regina
nah, she requires too much maintenance....

Hello, to answer real questions regarding HVAC, I would recommend finding a forum that doesnt try to S*** on you everytime you post.

..yeh and sucks them right up the intake of the Condenser,,!! good work there maaaaaaaaaaaate!
BTZ