Septic owners: What do you use to clean your toilets?

What cleaning agents to people prefer to use to clean the bowls of their toilets, if they own septic systems?

I just use Comet powder and a brush.
Remember, your septic tank holds hundred(s) of gallons of water, and every time you take a dump the bacteria are replenished. So unless you're planning on pouring a gallon of bleach down the drain, there's not much you can do to permanently affect the tank or drain field. Just, as always, follow the manufacturer's instructions.
Eigenvector wrote:

Typically 1,000 gal or more. The bacteria in the tank will laugh at the cup of bleach you use to clean the toilet.

I've always wondered about that. If health issue bacteria become resistant to drugs, does septic bacteria develop resistance to chlorine, Lysol, pine-sol, etc?
Red
On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 04:12:53 +0000, dean wrote:

Normal stuff like Sani-Flush.
dean wrote:

maid
We use normal toilet cleaners like Lysol, etc. I don't use the types that hang in the water tank for "constant cleaning" but a weekly application is not a problem. Agree with previous posts that judicious use is not an issue.

I use "The Works" available at Walmart for about $1.10. It contains Hydrogen Chloride (hydrochloric acid) - the same as Lysol toilet bowl cleaner but cheaper. It works on rust stains too.
---MIKE---