Plumbing question

Hard to articulate a subject heading, but here goes: If I have to cut off a PVC pipe - imagine two female 45 degree bends joined by a short piece of pipe that's around 2" long and fully within the two female sockets (none visible). I can cut through the middle, and the size is now the OD of the female end. Can I now join this to a new PVC pipe?

I have no room to get to a regular piece of straight pipe without ripping it all out of the floor.

Thanks for any tips.

Dean

Reply to
dean

Is this for a drain?

You might be able to use a Fernco coupling, if you can get one with the correct ID. While you at the plumbing supply house buying your 4" male adaptor to extend the cleanout, ask them if they have a Fernco coupling that will work for your application.

DerbyDad03

Yes, for a gray-water drain system. I'll check at the store. Thanks for the info.

Dean

Reply to
dean

Another option is something like this look towards the bottom of the page. I've only seen these at the supply houses and online. The Fernco would be much easier tho...

Reply to
DAC