I'd greatly appreciate any advice...
thanks
chris
On Tue, 08 May 2007 07:11:56 -0700, cgmsys wrote:

You could try some Liquid Nails construction adhesive.
--
#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
Self adheisve tiles are cheap and will eventually come up. Its probably nothing you did specifically.
I am not sure what to use but I can tell you NEVER use heat unless you know for sure it will work or you have the option to test first on a section that is hidden. Many services will melt and then you will need a full replacement. I learned this trying to use a hot glue gun on a piece of counter. (it was the only glue I had at the time.) It melted the entire peice so I had to replace it completely.

Bob wrote:

they're not cheap. It cost me twice as much to do my kitchen with them as opposed to linoleum.
Mac wrote:

He means cheap as in garbage, not price. And I agree. I will not install self adhesive tiles due to the problems associated with them.
As to the OP, get some vinyl tile adhesive and stick it back down the way tiles are supposed to be done. This means lifting the tile, getting the adhesive under the tile, letting it tack up, then pressing down the tiles. You need a lot of heavy weights to hold them down after having them bent up for the adhesive insertion.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

Thanks to everyone who replied.
This was one of those rush jobs where circumstances pushed us into doing something quickly with the room. I have learned my lesson with the self adhesive tiles though.
thanks
chris