Securing a dumpster

Page 1 of 2
Greetings!
I'm looking for some ideas, on how to secure a dumpster lid.
The problem I have about putting a lock on, the hauler comes in the wee hours of the morning. So, it must be free to empty the garbage out.
We have a store, which we throw out boxes etc. The other day, one of the employees heard a cry for help. It appears a very large lady had climbed on top of some wooden crates, and attempted to fetch some corrugated boxes from the dumpster. In her venture, she had slipped head first into the dumpster. The employees could not rescue her from the dumpster. The local firefighters had to retrieve her from the dumpster.
So, as you can see, we are in a pickle. We desire some advice. Any thoughts are warmly greeted.
johoman

who want them. How about the Hauler's office? Do they have a suggestion?

Give him a key.
Noozer wrote:

If you know what night he comes to empty it, leave it unlocked for that one night. The rest of the time you keep it locked. You will have reduced your exposure by 85%.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Sigh. Liberals driving up the cost of doing business. By mandating free rescue for homeless people who are stupid enough to fall into dumpsters. Darwin frustrated, again.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Maybe it wouldn't be a problem if the economy hadn't been destroyed by neocon idiocy?
Bob
Bob F wrote:

Giggle. What indicator shows a "destroyed" economy? Unemployment? Housing starts? Producer Price Index? Consumer Price Index? Wages? GDP?
And a "Neocon" has little to do with the economy; Neocons are concerned with foreign policy, not domestic.

Possibly the incredible foreign debt the US owes, the overspending by the government and the US dollar falling through the floor in value would contribute to the poor economy.
EXT wrote:

Ah, okay I understand.
1. Foreign debt is good. 2. I'll agree that government spending is beyond bad. But neocons are not responsible for the overspending - the Democrats control the purse. 3. A falling dollar is double-good - it dramatically increases the demand for U.S. products.
"Poor economy?" Hardly. The U.S. economy, by any objective standard or measurement is beyond robust; it is approaching heavenly. There hasn't been such a superb economy since the years immediately after WW2, if then.
Just consider one example: gasoline prices. While current prices seem high, they're not. First they have yet to break the record for gas prices (adjusted for inflation). Second, dollar/gallon is not the best measure: dollars/mile driven is much better. The average mileage for a passenger car has doubled since the early '70s, essentially cutting in half the cost per trip. And thirdly, the cost of gasoline as a percentage of disposable income has also dropped considerably.
Bottom line: We notice the rise in gasoline prices, but the rises don't really affect us as much as a much lower price used to.

As long as you are filthy rich. If not, you income has gone down over the Bush years.
Bob

Is your government still running on a deficit?

Like never before.
Bob

On average Lower income families have seen a decrease.
Bob

This is the first year in quite a while (1994?) that the Democrats control the purse. Our current hole was dug by Republicans. -- Doug

Our current hole goes back to around the LBJ. It has been an equal opportunity cluster (well you know) for years made worse by the creative accounting of Social Security (again bipartisan in nature) that effectively hid the real costs of both SS and general spending. Interestingly enough if you look at 5 year increases in spending, the last five years under the GOP was pretty much the same %age increase as the last five years under the Dems from '89 to 94. There was a brief shining moment between about '94 and '99 where the %age increase was about half that. But the GOP got over it. In spades.

Falling dollar: Good for those of us heavily invested in international securities, especially those traded in local currencies. I promise that when I harvest my profits, I'll put them back into the US economy.
Actually, for me it was a lot worse during the Clinton years.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Yeah, Benjamin Franklin has a lot to answer for.
How does that drive up your cost of doing business?
steve