Sears Garage Door Opener Codes Very Old 2 Buttome Style

Hi all
Does anyone know howto change the code on a very old Sears garage door opener. It is the super old style where you have to press 2 buttons on the transmitter to open or close it. Has to be proibably 25 39 years old. The remote only has one bar you press to activate it. Thanks. Happy summer John

- The oldest ones I had used to use dip switches - inside the remote and inside the receiver.
Same here. Mine's c. 1992-94 from Sears. Never had one minute of trouble with opener. Only have had to change batteries in the remote every few years.
http://imageshack.us/f/151/searst.jpg/
On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 13:38:45 -0700, "Guv Bob"

If it is *really old*, they didn't use codes. All the remotes were pretty much on the same RF frequency (really realy old was 27 MHz, just really old on 300MHz). They modulated the carrier with one of a dozen or so audio tones to avoid interference with your neighbors.
On 07/17/2012 06:12 PM, Pat wrote:

[snip]
I had one of those until I had to replace it 3 years ago (defective opener wouldn't reverse when hitting something o tore up the door). Apparently, you would change it by moving the core inside the coil.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us