Scag mower vs Kubota mower. Thoughts?

We have been looking at purchasing a new lawn mower. These are the 2
Scag Wildcat - Sale price $7800. Gas power engine, 27 horse, 61 inch cut Kubota - Sale price $10,100. Diesel engine, 26 horse, 60 inch cut
Both have features that we like. Both are zero turn mowers with deck under mower.
We would appreciate thoughts, experiences, etc. Please advise.
Thanks!
Roger
rogerfisher wrote:

For that hp, I'd go diesel route...
What, no Craftsman?? You probably can't go wrong with either machine. I have a small Kubota diesel, and I love it. The engine just purrs like a kitten

rogerfisher wrote:

combination of slopes, many trees & flower beds, some smooth ground, and some very rough ground. The Wildcat handles it all beautifully. It is built like a tank. I have no concerns whatsoever about bumping over the rough areas, and the seat is very comfortable. Deck height adjustments are quick & easy with the foot pedal lifter & easily reached height setting pin. The engine always fires up immediately. It never bogs down, even when mowing through some pretty thick 'field grass' areas at the back of my lot. I've had it a little over 2 years now, and have never seen even 1 drop of oil on the garage floor where I park it. All in all, a great machine. Mine has the Advantage deck. I hear newer models come with some kind of new & improved deck, but I don't know detail. For lots of opinions from people who make their living with mowers, check out lawnsite.com. Mower comparison threads are quite common on the site. A search for "Wildcat" on the site gets 380 results:

One last note. A good comfortable pair of ear muffs are a must. It is pretty noisy. I like these:

http://www.peltor.com/peltor.com/non_detail.cfm?prod_family=Muff%20H7&ind_prod_num=H7A001
Thanks for the link. It has so much info...very helpful!!!
Roger

have the scag turf tiger 25hp kohler, have worked on the kabota zero with deisel. would love to have the deisel . if you only mow an hour a week though, i cant justify a deisel engine. lucas
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

If you're going to spend that kind of dough, you can't justify it for an hour a week, anyway, so might as well make the better investment (cheaper in the long run)...