saw something really unsafe yesterday:(

Page 2 of 2

Oh shit..... My hall light is totally enclosed. I better go see if the hall is on fire. Be right back....... (unless there is a fire). Suppose I should drill a few holes in the base. I have done that on standard bulb fixtures to prevent burning up the wires. It helps and a few 1/4" holes are not noticable.

I strongly suspect that that only means that they'll cook themselves to non-functional in an enclosed fixture. Starting fires makes it harder to get a UL certification, and irritates the company lawyers.
Goedjn wrote:

I have two installed outside in base up fixtures for years, no problems yet. One is on a photocell & one is on a switch. I use them in crawlspace base up fixtures all the time.
Stretch

Who are you, johnny fucking do gooder? I hope you do report them. I'm sure your next pie will have the extra special sauce.
Who are you, johnny fucking do gooder? I hope you do report them. I'm sure your next pie will have the extra special sauce.
Just someone who had a friend die in a preventible house fire:(
Pizza Huts around here burn to the ground from even a minor fire. about 1 every couple years. My concern is peopes safety.
One time I saw a broken traffic signal right near my job. didnt bother reporting it. 2 days later a lady died at that intersection. certinally police who frequented the area must have seen it too. all of that is trivial since someone died.
I would rather err on the side of safety!
I will probably call pizza huts main local office and tell them of my concern. what if anything they do about it is their call.
since the bulbs are inverted and in a sealed environment.ots at least questionable..
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

There are plenty of compact fluorescents rated for downlighting:
http://www.all-lights.com/IBS/SimpleCat/Shelf/ASP/Hierarchy/0202.html
Those who spend way too much time worrying about nothing end up at Pizza Hut on Valentines's Day.
Those who spend way too much time worrying about nothing end up at Pizza Hut on Valentines's Day.
It was my wifes choice, all the nice places around here were packed with 2 hour waits, she was late getting home from work.
frankly I got out of the pizza hut habit years ago because when leaving I stank like cigarette smoke even when in the non smoking area. just recently all their corporate stores finally got smart and went to complete no smoking.
other than a occasional pan pizza to go I rarely even think about them