This is really something

Discussed right here less than a month ago. Turns out that it is real expensive to replace the brake and blade every time it stops-- even when the unit stops for no apparent reason.

I use my guard and/or caution and have managed to keep all my fingers.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

That is neat. Why didn't someone come up with this idea sooner.

Reply to
Mikepier

Would wet wood trigger it, sweat, or light rain.

Reply to
ransley

Safety for morons.

Reply to
LSMFT

You mean like 10 years ago? They did. Why hasn't it caught on? Because it is expensive, inconvenient, and mostly unnecessary.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

ransley wrote: ...

Construction-wet lumber can; there's an override switch to defeat it for the purpose. Of course, then there's no difference between it and another saw w/o the brake.

Haven't seen the others specifically addressed, one would presume there would be ways if can get enough apparent capacitance while the blade is running, yes...

Reply to
dpb

I wonder if Batman invented it?

Reply to
tnom

=3D=3D I wouldn't trust it for a moment. =3D=3D

Reply to
Roy

Agreed- a solution in search of a problem. Use the tool correctly and carefully, don't work when you are tired/drunk/mad, don't let kids operate it until they have had plenty of instruction and show the proper maturity, etc etc. If you have stupid employees, get smarter ones.

Reply to
aemeijers

Not to mention that I'll bet even the morons dumb enough to buy it, will get pissed and disable it after the first false trigger.

Reply to
Steve Barker

No, a lawyer.

Reply to
keith

Oh, it works. It's about 2x the price of an equivalent saw and the inventor is trying to force the "technology" (his patent) on the industry.

Reply to
keith

And it costs real money each time it trips. OTOH it could savea finger or two so some might consider it.

Reply to
LouB