Ryobi weed wacker wont stay running

I though I might post to see if theres a fix for this before I junk it. I made sure I used clean gas/oil mix, good spark and clean carb. The weed wacker will only start if I prime it than almost immediately die. I have to keep pumping it to stay running. So whatever it is that sucks or vaccuums the gas through the line isnt doing its thing. Can anyone tell me what I might replace or duct tape something together to make it work?
just for the heck of it, see if it will run with the gas cap off or loosened. Is is possible that the vent on the tank is plugged?

Check the fuel line - make sure its not kinked, plugged, or cracked - you can get fuel line for a few cents at a farm supply store.

Better yet, check the label. Does it say Ryobi? If so, buy a different brand.

5+ years old most likely needs a carb kit. Cost me $35 for the repair at the lawn center. Most likely $5 of parts but I just did not want to fool with it.
Colbyt

I believe the carb kit consists of needle, spring, and gasket. All of those parts look perfect. What I did notice is that the primer bulb was popping back up really slow after pressing it in. That led me to believe that the bulb was clogged with something. So I poked a needle up in the gas line nipple and it works fine now but still wont stay running. I'll replace the gas line and make a carb gasket and see what happens. Even if its a lousy weed wacker, it would mike a nice RC plane engine!